NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope that doesn't work with him because he thinks it's passive aggressive. It works better to say here are some things we need to do ASAP, and here are some things we have pending that need to be done soon. And let him pick and choose which he feels like doing, lol. But it it must be done, he doesn't grumble (too much!)
Good plan!

Silly Clifford! (or maybe smart Clifford if he didn't want his feet trimmed, lol)

I'll bet the cooler weather doesn't help Miss Piggy move with her problems. Sounds like a good plan to get her taken care of.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
UGHH DH is going to work and we got just about nothing done yet. Nothing ever gets done here.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He started working on the freezer. That's about it. I'll get him to move the meat birds when we do chores tonight at least. It takes like 2 seconds, I just can't physically do it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Umm I don't even know. I think we got them September 7th so what's that 7 weeks? I haven't been free feeding them, I just don't like raising them that way. I need to start feeding them a little more than I normally would before it gets cold and they're still small lol. They need to be done around Thanksgiving. We usually feed them twice a day and they take about 12 weeks and we've never had one with leg or heart issues.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan.

I'm thinking about getting some in the spring before it gets hot and I was looking at the Red Rangers ....might give them a try. I've never had too much trouble with legs or heart failure with regular white meaties - but I do like variety!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is the Red Ranger the same thing as a Freedom Ranger? DH processed some of the latter for someone and he said they have gray fat and it freaked him out, lol. They're also not as easy to pluck as those darn Cornish X's!

Processed some Dixie Rainbows this weekend. They were HUGE, and a decent looking carcass.