NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will definitely get pictures, happy goats included! I don't think it'll be done today after all, the inside is going to take a bit and he lost half a day yesterday fixing the heat. We have some cool plans though!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He thinks it'll be ready for goats tomorrow. That doesn't mean totally done, but he can finish the rest during the day and they can have the barn at night.

Trying really hard to get that pig hanging this week too- she's gotta go before it gets too cold!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't either! He's out there working on it right now!

So he's building 2 hay feeders and a cool ramp/sleeping bench area. They are going to be so happy. He's setting it up so the kidding stall is part of the loafing area but we can close it off easily when we need to. It's actually starting to look like a goat barn! I'm so excited!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure DH was a little over-confident lol. I'm thinking tomorrow is more likely. Hope so, he has to do a roofing job Wednesday through the end of the week! And next week is going to be COLD! So he'll probably be off making snow.

Today for whatever reason I had a freakout because I've been so worried about getting the farm ready for winter, I haven't worried enough about the actual human that is coming in... 8 weeks at the latest but they expect sooner. So glad they come out immobile because this house is not going to be remotely child proofed lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man....that's right....you're expecting a little human not so long from now! Whew! Like you said - good thing they're immobile and don't have too many needs right at first. This is getting exciting!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm having a panic attack like I've never had a kid before, lol. Just about the first like 6 weeks or so. I'm good after that. Too much on my mind, I think. Also starting to get uncomfortable. Funny, I had DD at 36 weeks, that's only 4 weeks from now!

I just realized I think DD has been redecorating the Christmas tree. There's like 12 ornaments right in the front in one area, just about kiddo's height lol!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You and your little baby will do just fine. No need to panic. You will be ok and so will the baby.