NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to try to convince DH to suck it up and pay to have our pig butchered. Our hose is frozen, there are no times we can hang and not have it freeze overnight, and we have snow on the ground with much more coming. $. 50/lb (hanging) cut and wrapped is the going rate and that isn't so bad. We have a friend who has 3 he needs to get in to the butcher and we can send them all together. Oh not to mention DH is working 2 jobs and if he has a day off I would prefer to hang out with him and not deal with pig guts lol

Not to mention when he's working these 2 jobs preggo lady is out waddling around feeding and watering. The pig drinks a lot of water, and I can only carry 25 lbs at a time, and her hut is the farthest thing away from our water source. I'm all done! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not to mention I can't get in with her to smash the ice out of her water dishes because it requires climbing over hog panels. I can't climb over hog panels right now lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No kidding! I don't feel as awful as I did with my first though. I gained like 50lbs that time lol, I'm at 13 right now (they're cool with it, I started with a few lbs extra lol) and it's much easier to get around for sure.

DD is bugging us to keep a doeling this year. Sigh. Goat math. I told her IF the Nigerian sells then we can keep a baby from one of the minis (most likely Peppermint if she has one).