NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got in from feeding and watering, by myself! Boo!

I like that logic... Except I can't get the pig to the butcher by myself, lol! And.... Should I save my troublemaking for future goat math requests? :p

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hire someone to get the pig to the butcher. Maybe one of DH's leachy friends will respond to money? Ask the butcher shop if they know of someone who hauls livestock?

Never underestimate the power of an angry woman. And if she's pregnant? Take cover. :gig

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Too bad on the pig. Sometimes it is better to just pay for services.

About the red hair......I was born brunette, started turning gray at 12. I colored it brunette for years, at 34 I was white headed. Two weeks after a fresh paint job, I looked like a skunk. Fresh road kill. I wasn't ready to be white headed. I was only 34! I couldn't do the skunk stripe either, so I decided to lighten up. I dyed it red.

People's attitudes changed immediately, even people that knew me. I marveled at the change and took full advantage of it. I was a crazy red head with attitude for years. Finally I just got tired of the dye bottle, the heck with it, I let it grow out. But I kept the attitude. :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to try to talk to him tomorrow. He is a super grump now because he worked a 12 hour shift at the mountain last night, a 7 hour day roofing and just headed back for another 12+ at the mountain. But he's off tomorrow because you can't roof in a snowstorm! So after he sleeps we're gonna have a chat about this pig!

LOL about the red hair. It's so true!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well DH hasn't changed his mind about the pig but I told him he better hurry up then because I'm all done! Lol

Lots of snow today, then going to be really cold for a few days. I'm happy that I have a full fridge and freezer, all DD's Christmas presents are here waiting to be wrapped, and I have nowhere to go!

My goats spent some time outside this morning so I cleaned out the barn, amazing how much poop they make in a few days! And now they've given up on the snow and are inside hanging out. Don't blame them!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD just lost her first tooth! Dramatic, that was. Wow. Second one will go in the next few days too, poor kid is freaked out because I didn't prep her much beforehand, she's too young for new teeth! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She doesn't even know there" is" a tooth fairy. We don't reinforce Santa either. Kinda not our thing lol. Maybe we're evil parents.

Edit- oh so NOW DH says I should play tooth fairy. Now that I am totally not prepared and DD does not care about money so that isn't going to impress her like it did me as a kid!

Last edited: