NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol it's the lying I don't like! We decided since it's her first tooth I'll bring her to pick out a new toothbrush. I saw a My Little Pony one the other day- I know what she's gonna pick! Lol!

Snow finally stopped. Lots to clean up tomorrow. DH is going in to work late so he can shovel for me. I am lucky he can and will do that to help me out!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh the losing teeth stage… Can't say I'll miss it when it's over. DS was a bit concerned about it at first, but then we introduced the tooth fairy and he was after pulling all his teeth out! Oops… I remember one day, after some fiddling with a newly loose one, he proudly came running to me, bloody tooth in bloody hand, bloody mouth.. He yanked the thing right out by himself :th

I enlightened him about the non-existence of Santa last year finally when he told me to tell Santa to bring him a baby brother or sister lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! Well I didn't tell her Santa doesn't exist but I don't play it up. Santa is like Mickey Mouse- fun even if he isn't real. When she asks if characters are real I ask her what she thinks, and if they make sense to her to be real. She doesn't seem disappointed when she realizes they're not. Christmas isn't about a fat man in a red suit. It's about giving, spending time with family, etc.

She does believe in Cinderella though, because she met her at Storyland lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Cinderella is a good one to believe in :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope I can do a little but we got a foot of heavy snow so, no! He watered the animals before he left too, yes!

Cold out today. Not a fan!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today, I am tired. I overdid it yesterday so today I am under-doing it, lol. I feel like I got run over and I just want to go back to sleep! It doesn't help that I can't sleep when DH is working overnight and he's doing that a lot this week.

Did homeschooling, fed the animals,started laundry and got some venison stew in the crockpot and I really feel like that should be enough right?

In 3 weeks and 3 days I will be as pregnant as I was when DD was born. That's scary!