NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Countdown to 36 weeks! Just take it easy all you can. I know there is so much you want to do, but let it go for now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I am going to do as much as I can that doesn't involve physical labor, lol!

Today is my busy day. DD's class, feed store, grocery store, library. I'll be tired after all that!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's only snowed about another inch since the storm last week. Supposed to hit 42 today and 45 and rain Saturday so we'll even lose some!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So. Tired. Everywhere we went was packed. Do people not have to work? Why was everyone shopping on a Tuesday during the work day? Anyway got grain and groceries and library books so I'm staying home tomorrow! I also got 3 loads of laundry done today in between errands. DH is done with the day job until they get the next big one lined up, so he's off to the mountain tomorrow afternoon, probably through Friday morning, judging by the forecast? He should be off Saturday through Christmas day, Woo-hoo!

He's waiting for a call back about a butcher date. I'm getting impatient, lol!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been house-bound sick and want to get out to do some shopping, but I'm worried about the crowds. I will probably do a walmart run to get diapers, and I don't like that place on the best of days
tongue.png

Ya for going to the butcher!

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! Reading about your pregnancy brings back memories of long, long, ago!

My two went full term, and I didn't have much for complications, except for high blood pressure & massive feet & ankles, from fluid retention. None of my shoes fit, and I only found one pair (to buy) that fit snuggly.

I gained 45 pounds with my daughter. She weighed 8 lb, 2 oz and I lost 35 pounds by the next morning!

Both babies were over 8 lbs & I stuck way out in front, causing sway back and the sciatic pain was awful. The only thing that helped was laying on the floor with my knees bent. I would cry until the muscles relaxed. After my son was born, I decided pregnancy wasn't for me. Although I must say, I wouldn't trade my two for anything in the world!

I've gone back a way, in your journal, and enjoying reading about your journey.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah yes the sciatica is getting me now! Still only gained 12 lbs this time around (so far), and it's all in the belly! With my first my back used to lock up and I would kind of get stuck until it popped back in place. It was awful! DD was an 8 lb baby... At 36 weeks. So scared I'll have a full term 10 lb baby lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine was pretty big by 32 weeks when the doctor decided he can come out. (I struggled with bladder infections through most of the pregnancy) I also had quite a lot of amniotic fluid around him, I remember the doctor being a bit surprised by that. I was so sore and uncomfortable by the end, it was a relief to have it over!