NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, it's no fun to be pregnant AND sick. Hope you can kick it soon. Glad your DH will be home before the storm - wouldn't be fun for you to go into labor in the middle of it and him not be there. Glad you're further inland and won't catch the worst of it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But of course, my boiler would choose today to go out. Why wouldn't it? Ughhh I think I can get it re-lit but this is SO a DH job!

Appointment rescheduled for friday. The secretary called again and I wanted to be rude but she's really new and really nice, and if it was her calling that means it might have been the other secretary in labor (she's due Friday), lol and if so she's having a bad day too!

One of my goats looks like she has lice or mites. Annoying. Everyone else looks fine. Hard to fight that battle when there's so little sunshine. Guess I better break out the ivermectin. Sigh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh lordy....when it rains it pours! I don't know nuttin' about no boilers! Hope you can get it re-lit.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I barely know anything about it, lol. It is supposed to stay on... It doesn't like drastic weather changes though.So going from - 20 to 20 degrees apparently made it angry. Well now it's making me angry! Not that it takes much today.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMG. He is in so much trouble. There were zero pellets in the stupid thing, so the fire went out and then it wouldn't start! My step-dad had to come help me because I can't lift the pellet bags. NOT a happy pregnant lady!!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:th I'd hate to be in his shoes when he comes home later… Thank goodness your stepdad was near enough to come help you get it going again. You can't not have heat in this mad weather.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My parents are my neighbors, so that's a bonus! Yeah... Big trouble.... He just called me back and I told him he's in big trouble. He's going to call back momentarily and perhaps I can tell him how much trouble! Lol! I do NOT like asking my parents for help. They have offered to help me do animal chores and I never let them. It's not how I roll!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OMG. He is in so much trouble. There were zero pellets in the stupid thing, so the fire went out and then it wouldn't start! My step-dad had to come help me because I can't lift the pellet bags. NOT a happy pregnant lady!!!!

:somad

Yup, I'd be so mad too. It'll pass, but I'd be demanding a nice long foot rub to "ease" my anger

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Throw in a back and shoulder rub as well and he might approach forgiveness ;)