NH Homesteader's journal

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was curious, looked it up and split pea soup is a classic New England food lol. My mom loves it, my husband loves it.... I don't.

My husband doesn't understand why I'm irritated about the pig. Uh, because she was supposed to be gone 2 months ago? He and I don't function the same, which is fine because no two people are the same, but it can be really irritating. I like to make a plan and follow through, he won't plan ahead and then we end up stuck and/or scrambling. I love him dearly, but if he doesn't change the way he operates I have no interest in getting animals like pigs again. Chickens and turkeys can hang out until they're butchered because they're little and don't cost much to feed, but this pig thing.... Is ridiculous.

Grrrr grumpy pregnant lady... Gotta go get ready for my appointment. Wish me luck my blood pressure hasn't gone up!

Don't worry, it's not just you, and it's not just the pregnancy! I have the exact same issues with my DH. I try to balance out my frustration by remembering that his lack of planning also comes with the ability to go with the flow, and his lack of stress is %100 needed in this relationship because I have enough for both of us
lol.png
. Doesn't mean I let things go without expressing my frustration, or explaining way something wasn't handled well!

So. Irritated. Drove all the way to my appointment, looked at my phone and they had called to cancel my appointment while I was driving there. My husband lost 4 hours of work so I could go, we have a storm coming in tomorrow and I just wasted over an hour of my time, plus gas money. And I can't reschedule for tomorrow because we're down to one vehicle until my Jeep is fixed. Not happy today.

:barnie That would annoy me to no end :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What the heck are they going, canceling with so little warning?? I'd be mad too!

I hope the little one will hang in there o.k. until the worst of this weather is gone.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Because they insist on scheduling appointments with the people on call. So if someone is in labor, everyone that's supposed to see that provider gets dumped for the day. Even people at high risk of preterm labor.... Like me....

So DH just left for work until either they run out of water or I need him to come home. Or, they might have to quit due to the real snow tomorrow!

@treerooted glad it isn't just me, lol. I try to be patient but I'm not very good at it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all about the money.... If no one goes into labor, they don't want to pay that person for a day of "nothing". One of the issues with a small hospital. I had been lucky so far, hadn't been canceled on yet.

Not liking that I just read a reference to this storm as a "bomb cyclone". That sounds frightening! I don't think I want that!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I guess I can understand their logic, but they should consider you with appointments and especially you high risk ones too..

Stay safe and keep your legs crossed :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And I am still sick. I don't know why this cold won't go away, Grrr. But, DH just texted me that they're only making snow until midnight so he'll get home while I'm sleeping yay! So he'll be here for whatever happens with the storm tomorrow. Looking less threatening now though, for me anyway. We're by the VT border, the seacoast is going to get slammed and we will get the least of it. Phew!