NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes ma'am- spoil that little darlin' for a few more weeks! Yay DH for taking care of the goats! Hope ya get a good visit with them soon!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goat hugs and baby cuddles :) Enjoy!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waiting to get confirmation but we may have a butcher date Friday. Fingers crossed ! Also have several people interested in renting our chicken processing trailer this summer, which is pretty cool. It's like free money, I know and trust the people.

Fiber class was fun, baby was only mildly distracting. All the moms got googly eyes! And I survived my first solo outing lol!

Tomorrow is a stay at home day. Maybe I'll actually do the dishes? DH is going to work a half day or so, they asked him to work tonight but he said no. I asked him to not work overnights until at least next week. They might be done blowing snow soon anyway, we've had a lot of natural snow.

I'm feeling pretty good. I just feel like my brain is on half power and I get tired easily but hey.... Not half bad for 5 days out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Baby sleeps 3 hours at a time so as long as we go to bed shortly after DD1, I get a decent amount of sleep. DD1's ADHD traits are really showing right now. It's more tiring than the newborn! We have been watching more TV than normal, I can't help it. I can't keep up with her!

DH said my new goats are starting to be friendly with him, finally! I apparently just needed to go away!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had to wake baby up this morning because she had been sleeping for so long, and she needed some food in her belly! Not normal newborn problems, lol.

DH is headed to the mountain for a few hours. I'm going back to bed til the big kid wakes up!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
what was I thinking, lol.

:lol: Good questions! :lol:

NH I think you are doing amazing -- it does take longer to get YOUR body systems back to "normal" than just taking the baby home in your arms. Great that DH can be there more now to help with chores inside and outside. He deserves to do a little more than you -- after all, YOU did months of serious body work while you made that little girl! His turn to share the joy. It's only fair.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had to wake baby up this morning because she had been sleeping for so long, and she needed some food in her belly! Not normal newborn problems, lol.
That's a good problem to have, lol.

I remember telling my first dH that I did all the work and carried the babies for the first 9months - the next 9 months were supposed to be all him....didn't really work but I thought it was a good argument anyway!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm kind of bummed out because I had taken out an entire ham to cook and portion, and put in the freezer for post-baby meals. And it needed to be cooked while I was in the hospital, so we lost the entire hunk of meat. Depressing! But I guess worse things could have happened.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh that stinks. If it makes you feel any better my DH unplugged our freezer once...