NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! DD1 is in bed, and DD2 and I will be shortly. At least for a little bit! I miss my goats, I might have to go sneak them some treats tomorrow and have DH play daddy day care lol. Too cold for baby out there! Getting a break after tomorrow though. May even hit 40 this week!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes -- warm up!! We are to be 45-60 all week beginning Monday. It's gonna have to really flip a switch because it's on 2 degrees out there right now....close to 6AM on Sunday.

Whoever has that heat switch -- FLIP IT ON!! :D

Sounds like a plan -- let DH have diaper duty while you hug goats!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll hug a goat tomorrow, it is still too cold today! Lol

Baby likes to scream at her crib and make mom hold her. Sleeps great when she's being held though! 3 hours at a time. Going bassinet shopping tomorrow after her first checkup, lol. She's doing great, especially since she's technically a preemie! She does need help staying warm, so can't blame her on the cuddle time :love

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:love

Have you looked at babywearing so baby can sleep on you and you can move? My favorite carrier (ring sling) isn't good for preemies or newborns. Maybe a moby wrap? IDK, my babies didn't like the moby wrap so I don't know much about them. You can make a moby with just a long piece of fabric - no sewing required.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some cool slings for that when she's a tiny bit bigger! I'm fine with multitasking with a baby on the hip during the day, it's more of an issue at night. But today I'm using her as an excuse to sit my behind on the couch lol!

I have to brag on DD1 here. The kid is being amazing. She goes and gets a diaper ready when it's time to change, if baby fusses when I put her down she sings to her. She's being very cautious and helpful. A miracle for a suspected ADHD 5 year old! Keep it up big sis!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:love again! It's wonderful when older kids help so much and bond with the new little ones and with them both being girls, there is a potential amazing friendship waiting to happen here too :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
have to brag on DD1 here. The kid is being amazing. She goes and gets a diaper ready when it's time to change, if baby fusses when I put her down she sings to her. She's being very cautious and helpful. A miracle for a suspected ADHD 5 year old! Keep it up big sis!
That's awesome! Go, big sister, go!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey weather is changing.... Think it might be pig time this week! I think DH is happy to get it done now that I can't lift over 10lbs for 4-6 weeks per the doc who discharged me.

Need to get more hay too. The cold has decimated my hay supply. That and a feed store run and we're stocked up for a bit, farm's on autopilot til kidding season. Yay!