NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH was getting ready for work... Unhappily... And our power went out! Now he can't go! Yay, minus the power issue of course.

We lose our power all the time, I hate living here. A mile down the road our friends have a different power company and they never lose it. We like to say we lose our power every time a moose farts. Lol, classy I know.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, that must be incredibly frustrating for you! Can you switch to a different company?

I thought your DH could take time off after the little one came and didn't HAVE to go work?

:hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well he took a week off. That's a long time for him!

Nope no switching. I wish!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
A week's nice, but more would've been better :)

That's a pity. I remember where we lived in S.A. We had a semi-faulty box on a pole nearby that tripped our power and everyone around us, every time the wind blew too hard, or for some other stupid reasons. Added to the "load shedding" by the national provider. It was so frustrating! I hope yours will get restored quickly.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He doesn't have to go to work. I think he feels bad because they're short handed without him.

Our power lines go through heavy woods, and there are constantly limbs falling on them. So annoying.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got my Baker Creek catalog today, enjoyed looking through it with DD but don't see anything I must have. Some flowers we like but I have to research them. I don't know much about flowers so need to make sure they'll work for us here!

DH is content with my anti-pig sentiment lol. There are so many people we're friends with that we can buy a butcher ready pig from we don't need to bother. Yay. Speaking of pigs, I have been assured ours will be gone by next weekend. Hope that's the case!

My Jeep should be done soon too. It needed a lot of work! Got a super good price though, so I'm happy. Still hunting for that new truck...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm going to plant sunflowers, along with the roses I bought, and that's it flower wise for me… For now anyway lol

Fingers crossed that pig will finally be gone soon. Gosh, you have been trying for awhile now? I don't blame you for not wanting another one, they are lovely, but this one's turned into a bit of a pain.

My car's in the garage for a check-up before her NCT next week. I already had her checked, but this mechanic found some things that needed sorting, like her brakes :\ I wonder how the previous guy missed that?!? I'd love a truck, but here you need a VAT number for insurance and road tax, as trucks are considered "commercial" vehicles.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seriously? You can't just drive a truck? Sheesh!

My jeep needed a lot of work but will be inspected through April 2019 so unless I break something I should be good for a while! I've been using my parents' extra car and it's tiny, such a pain for feed store runs!

DH worked overnight, came home to do chores and is back at work now. He'll work again tonight and then tomorrow he's got to bring me shopping! Getting really low on groceries and grain!