NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It would be so nice if we could get seasons to change at the drop of a hat -- like they do daylight savings time :lol:

Rain off & on like the spigots.....:lol: What ideas!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'd turn the rain OFF now if I could! But I can't complain too much, we had a lovely, sunny morning. Which I wasted by not spending it in the backyard.

NH Homesteader, how is the little one doing? Hope she's letting you rest and sleep :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's good. I sleep 2.5-3 hours at a time, getting 7 or so hours total a night. So I'm doing pretty well! Cleaned out the fridge this morning. Most was expired, or close to it. Oops! Lol, glad I'm shopping today!
Control the weather? Sounds good to me! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH will be home around 2:30 this morning and stay home through the storm expected Wednesday. Yay!

So tonight I saw a car stop in the road just past my house then slowly meander up the hill (my parents live at the top of the hill, we live at the bottom). Then I see a second. So I'm thinking, this is weird. Then I see a car fly by my house and jam on the brakes in the same spot. So I text my mom, who sends my stepdad on an adventure lol. We were curious and I have a long driveway and am alone with 2 kids so I'm certainly not going to check it out!

Turns out there was a mama moose and her calf standing in the road! Too cool, I wish it hadn't been so cold and so late, I would have taken DD's to see (well baby DD couldn't care less but you know what I mean, lol)

Also, does anyone understand why strangers think it's OK to try to touch your 11 day old infant when she's in a baby carrier and it's the middle of flu season, and the mom has a murderous look on her face? Cause that happened at the store today... And she's darn lucky she moved her hand when she did or she might not have liked my response lol!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cool on the moose and calf! Would've loved to see a pic of that!

Also, does anyone understand why strangers think it's OK to try to touch your 11 day old infant when she's in a baby carrier and it's the middle of flu season, and the mom has a murderous look on her face?
I mean, I understand that folks love babies - but if it's not YOUR baby - HANDS OFF! It's just not cool.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's lucky she still has two hands. Between me and DH.... I'm currently a hormonal mama bear and he's.... Psycho protective all the time lol. She got my drift when I jerked away and gave her the look...

We've had a bull moose here (in my driveway actually) but never seen a mama and calf! It'd be almost a year old, I don't know how long they stay with mom. But it's nice to know they're out there, the ticks have been getting the better of our moose population. These absurd cold temps will help too.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's so cool about the moose!

I'm with you on the woman touching the little one. I like to coo over strangers' babies when I bump into them, though not all the time (there are so many babies here, I think people are trying to repopulate Ireland), but touching them is something I reserve for people I know and even then I make sure it's o.k. with the parents.