NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't want anyone near mine either.People do not understand that. Everyone acts all offended. I don't get it. I don't want to hold other people's babies. Especially this time of year! We kind of act like hermits in the winter so I'll keep doing that lol

Appointment tomorrow - DD knows don't touch anything, we'll sit away from people in the waiting room and don't touch your face until you use sanitizer! Then, use more sanitizer! Lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I kept my babies at home until they had their 6 week shots. Then I was still freaky about people getting too close.

Our 3 grand daughters all had the flu, 1,2 and 10 years old-all at the same time. They are fine now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh was fine. I don't really like the doctor but our pediatrician will be back for our next appt, thank goodness for that. This lady is a wacko.

DH's dog is driving me insane. She's chewing everything. His work hours are not working for me right now!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wacky pediatrician's are not ok.

Silly dog - threaten to pull her teeth out and maybe she'll stop chewing things, lol!

Just kidding lest anybody take that seriously...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's not even a pediatrician, she's a "family practice" doctor. I prefer to have someone who specializes in kids thanks! Our pediatrician is awesome. We already told her she is not allowed to move, ever lol!

DH came home for the appt, is taking a nap for about an hour, and is heading out to feed animals and go back to work. At least they are shutting down in the morning. It's been a long week. He's only been home one night all week!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am getting a new vehicle. New to me anyway. The FIL is giving us a super deal on their Florida vehicle. It's a Lexus. I won't be hauling hay (or goats) in it, lol!! We'll save that for the Jeep I think! We can't get it until next month, you know since it's in Florida and all! I can't wait!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your poor DH...I simply can NOT function without sleep! Hope he can catch up after tomorrow!

Congrats and YAY for the new (to you) car! Yep, no goat and/or hay hauling in the Lexus, lol. However, many, many years ago I sold two pygmy babies to a lady that put them in the back seat of her Cadillac. No crate or box, just a blanket on the seat. Geeze lady, if you can afford the Cadillac you can probably afford a crate for your critters!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol it's actually a 2008 but only has like 30,000 miles or something. It's a crossover SUV with AWD, so I could put goats in it but I'm not going to!! Not for a while anyway... Lol maybe baby goats...

I can't wait. We've been driving junky vehicles for so long, and sharing a vehicle most of the time. Now he gets the Jeep and I get the new ride... And we'll probably sell the farm truck and buy a trailer since both vehicles can tow a small trailer.