NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You guys make me laugh, but yeah, I'm with you all… And people who want to kiss other people's babies, oh my word… :smack

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is working overnight. Again! They'll be mostly done making snow at the end of the month though, they lose their compressors (they're rented) and can't do much with the old clunky one the skiway owns. So... I'm trying to suck it up for the next two weeks. But being alone overnight with the girls and two anxious dogs (one of whom paces half the night) is not awesome.

Anyway, 2 week appt for baby DD tomorrow, then DH works tomorrow night and will be off for a few days as the weather is going to warm up. Pig is going this weekend. Not much else going on. Which is kinda nice.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good on DH working - money is nice. Bad on DH working - cuz you're alone with two DD's and two anxious dogs. :(

Dang, has it been two weeks already? Seems like it was just yesterday....

Yay on pig going!

I have some folks who might want some baby pigs! :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know isn't it crazy? I'm feeling a little sad because it's my last baby and it's going too fast. I told DH we could always try for a boy, lol!! No... Not really! His dad is bummed, looks like the family name is ending this generation. No boys! SIL #1 has 2 girls, SIL #2 is 43 and single. Even the cousins... Total of like 6 girls, 0 boys. And we are the only ones under 40. Still... Not gonna try lol!

I think DH is starting to look forward to taking it "easy" this year focusing on the goats and poultry we have... And a little manageable garden. He seems to be looking forward to spring and even having some down time. It's been a lot of work on establishing what we have the past 5 years, we need a refocus year!

But for now.... Cold and snow it is!

Anyone else having freak outs about flu season? Because having a baby during flu season is, frankly, terrifying. DD is the hand sanitizer freak, she won't let anyone in the house until they use it. "if they won't use it, they can go outside", she says lol!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sooooo freaking out about this flu crap! I am scared to death of it. People are dying. I am right with DD1 - I am a hand sanitizer freak too! I have it in my truck, in my office, and in every room of this house.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe one of your girls will marry a progressive guy or be gay and get to keep her name!

I had told my boyfriend(now DH) at 18 not to propose to me unless he was prepared to take my last name (family of all girls, and only the ones in this country with that name). But, I didn't force him to take it of course.
The real hard discussion came with having kids. My DH didn't even bring it up because he knew how I felt, but I insisted on the conversation and ended up giving my son DH's last name.
It's fine but to be honest I sort of regret it too :(.

Love that DD is guarding the household from germs :)
My sister is a huge cleaner and is super strict with newborns. Having a premie, I'm not sure she'll let anyone near the kid! (not that I blame her!)
And ya, I'm nervous about the flu too. We go to play groups, so of course the mingling of babies and toddlers means that germs are going to be spread around.