NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I couldn't tell when they were in heat to save my life, so I just put him in with them. Seriously what's up with these goats, aren't they supposed to be all obnoxious and obvious about it? Not mine apparently. Maybe next year when he's a little more... Fragrant? Lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new goat babies :) Hope everything will go smoothly tomorrow with the pig butchering and DH will be in a better mood!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh I can't wait! Went to visit piggie today, she could get out of her fence at this point, the snow has built up enough. All the more reason...

DH was in a fine mood today after his initial grumpiness. He should be good tomorrow, I hope, as long as his friend shows up!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:fl all will go well today with the butchering!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Let's just hope he goes through with it! Lol he woke up in a foul mood again. Pretty sure I was the one up with a baby who thought 3am was party time... Not him! It's already above freezing so he can get moving anytime. Then I won't have to argue about stupid pigs any more and we can start garden planning. He has some indoor micro greens he's excited about so he'll be anxious to get those going.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got my seeds sorted out and wrote down what needs to be planted when. Since DH is doing micro greens in the house I might as well throw some tomato and watermelon starts in there when the time comes. Wasn't planning on starting seeds but might as well, I have the seeds from last year.

DH went down to the hardware store and got some new hoses since ours is frozen to the ground under a foot of snow, lol. And he's calling another friend because the stupid unhelpful one won't answer his phone, even though he offered to help with the darn pig today! Yes, same stupid friend who never helped with the barn.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GRRRRRRR on his stupid unhelpful friend. He needs to be UN-friended!

Yay on having your seeds sorted! Maybe next weekend I can get to mine...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Other friend is here... Yay. I'm a little sad, we've had this pig for a long time. Just can't keep a pet pig I'm afraid! Sometimes being a farmer isn't fun. I always get sad with the pigs... Not with the birds. Maybe we should stick with birds, lol. I think I'm just in newborn nurture mode so shooting critters you've been feeding for such a long time seems harsh. But, such is life. She had a good one!