NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you spend $1,400 fixing your vehicle and something else breaks on the way home from the shop... :(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It needed a lot of work... Something with the intake now? I don't really know... DH says he can fix it though. But so annoying. He's starting the pig now though. Jeep issues later. Sigh.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Poor DH. Normally he cuts meat and I wrap, but baby has been needy today so he's flying solo. And big DD is trying to help him... And driving him nuts lol. He'll be happy when she goes to bed in a moment here!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stray dogs are a pain. There is a pretty fawn colored, black mouth female dog around here. She's been here long enough to have puppies, she is skinny, can't get near her. Today the county animal control came out and set a trap for her in a neighbor's yard. Once captured, he will crawl under a car in the other neighbor's yard and get her puppies.

I hate dog dumpers.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This isn't a stray, it's actually very healthy looking. We don't have dog dumping issues here, just people who let their dogs wander!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well DH says the pig is almost done. I say it's half done. Lol, either way we'll finish it tomorrow.

Both DD's were super needy this evening. Now both are sleeping (for the moment) and I'm all done, bedtime!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A neighbor a few miles away called this afternoon. He came home to his dogs covered in blood. He found a strange dog in his shop, in bad shape. He described the dog and we knew whose dog it was. We rushed over and sure enough, it was another neighbor's dog. I called him and he rushed over. We loaded his dog in his truck and he went to the vet. Neighbor #1 has the electric buried fence and his dogs wear collars. Neighbor #2's dog wandered up and both dogs jumped him. Neighbor #2 had been looking for his dog and was glad we called him. Neighbor #1 took his dogs to the vet too.