NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My horses could paw it and it broke open, creating holes. Dogs could wiggle through the larger holes, the "tied" where the squares came together would just slide over, making a larger hole for dogs to get through.
I've never had that problem.... even when I had big horses they never tried that. For all the 20+ years that we had the first batch up nothing ever breached it - nothing came in - nothing got out. Never had the issues... But it would suck if it did happen!

The 4 x 4 might be a good choice too, but I've never had a reason to spend the extra money.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I might run a low and high strand of electric anyway so that should keep them off the fence. Poultry will have separate fencing so don't need to worry about little critters getting in.

Thanks to both of you, I'm passing it along to DH, who actually knows something about fences (unlike me!)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am an angry person right now. Just got the Jeep back.... We were quoted $650 as a high number for the repair. Then we were told the problem wasn't as bad as they thought so it would be less. Yay right? We get there to pick it up and he says we owe $900!!!! THEN on the way home it stalls out twice on DH (it's an auto mark) and runs worse than it ever did before we spent.... Oh now it's up near $2500 fixing it.

We haven't paid the last bill yet. I think we're going to have a chat about this. This is a small town and I have a big mouth and he's going to want to remedy this situation.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Automatic, not an auto mark. I don't even know what that means auto correct lol

We choose to live on one income so we're not exactly wealthy. It is the off season between snow making and construction jobs. We just had a baby. I cannot afford this and I am not happy about it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL - I thought that was some special Jeep thing!

I think a conversation is in order....a serious conversation. And if it doesn't go well, :smack

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is a redhead. People don't like conversations with him hehe.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Last time a mechanic tried to charge me more than he quoted me, we went in to pay, casually asked him "You said it would cost <amount>?" Put the money down and walked off :)

Since it seems he messed up with your vehicle I would say be all means go run your mouth, but get your car fixed first!