NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No that's the plan, lol. DH is bringing it back tomorrow. They have a mutual friend who DH is going to have call him and let him know that we are not the sort to mess with (I don't mean that in a violent way haha)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday. Brought the Jeep back to get it fixed. DH told the mechanic the engine sounded off. Mechanic says nah it sounds fine, drive it home and see how she runs. Never made it home. Motor blew up. Jeep's dead.

Would you like to guess how DH and I are feeling right now? Yeah.... He's out target shooting his AK.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Freakin' COW! Oh, that might be the worst bad car story I've ever heard.... I'm so sorry it turned out that way... Sooooooo, what's the next step? (after he puts the AK away?)

:(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He put the AK away, lol, and is waiting to hear back from the mechanic. And, sorry to say, waiting for a call back from my very wealthy FIL who has a lawyer on retainer. Just in case this is headed to small claims court. Sometimes you just gotta play spoiled rich kid (note - we are by no means rich and DH does not typically ask his father for help, which is why this sucks so bad)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was about to suggest small claims court but wasn't sure what the money cap is? It might be worth more than small claims can handle.... BUT - glad you've got FIL as a possible back up!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FIL said no one wins in these cases but the lawyers. We'll see, the guy's going to look at the Jeep tomorrow and we'll see what he offers as a remedy. And go from there.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Either way you are screwed on this deal. I really hope you can get this resolved.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are, but either way it's going to cost him money too. He would be wise to play nice or most of the town will hear how great of a mechanic he is.

My husband didn't want to drive it home, he said the engine didn't sound right. The guy told him it was fine and "it won't blow up, I can guarantee that"... Uh huh...