NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You have a wonderful husband!

Maybe sell your milk for animal consumption and state it as such, then, if someone drinks it and decides to get sick and blame you, you got yourself covered there. But soaps and lotions and cheese sound like great ideas too :)

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about that lady's helper :( But it does sounds like a potentially mutual beneficial arrangement for your DH. Hope it will work out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's sad, he's a veteran and has been a friend of DH's family his entire life. He's a real tough New Englander (and boy does he curse like a sailor, lol), hopefully he'll pull through. They're trying to get him down to Boston for surgery.

Currently looking up campgrounds near where the GG's are. I'm thinking of maybe taking the girls camping while we pick up the baby this spring/summer! If we can find a farm sitter that will milk my goats...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's sad :( Hopefully they can help him and he will pull through.

Camping sounds fun!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, well, well! @sumi - yep - we need to get NH one of those hoodies, lol!

@NH Homesteader - I think getting GG's is wonderful idea! I knew I liked your husband! Definitely snatch up some of those golden girls and then let me know how awesome they are so I'll "NEED" some too!

How's the tree tapping going?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I found a family friendly campground, a beach and a lighthouse that's open for visitors in the town the goats are in. Heck yeah, I'm doing this! We have never been on a family trip, this is gonna happen! Just have to teach someone how to milk goats for me.

The sap should be running, DH will get boiling before too long I'm sure. Unfortunately with the 68 degrees forecasted for Wednesday, this might be a short lived sugaring season. Oh well, at least DD will learn how to do it!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yay! Start putting word out that you're looking for a good, reliable farm sitter that can milk goats. You never know, there may be someone near you.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a friend who pet - sits and knows how to milk. But she HATES milking goats, lol. She's one of the few people that can handle my dogs though, so I might have to be really persuasive!