NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you go with Pygmy get the meatiest one you can find. I find that a lot of ... um...pet grade pygmy bucks just don't have the mass that the higher quality ones do. I know that didn't come off sounding politically correct and I apologize if I offended anyone. But, if you're looking for meat production you need a meaty goat. Especially because you will be breeding him to lighter bodied does.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to know, don't worry I'll ask you for input before I buy a pygmy (if you don't mind of course!) Lol There is a great breeder in Maine I was in contact with last year. I would try to talk to her again for sure. Lemme go look at her website.... Hmmm

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Catching up here… Sorry to hear about the mess with the car. I hope you can get it sorted out very well and very quickly!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had my 6 week checkup today,I have a clean bill of health and all is good. Waiting to hear about the Jeep, he told DH this morning if it's his fault he'll make it right. Let's hope so!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Heck yea - maybe that means the others will start laying now too. I identified an egg eager a couple days ago and tossed her in a pen so maybe I'll start getting some more eggs now.