NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That truck sounds awesome! :) Any joy/progress with the Jeep yet?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Baby and I slept from 11-6 last night. Yay! I so needed that! Hope this is her new normal. She actually just dozed back off and DD1 isn't up yet so it's quiet. Amazing. Lol

I have serious cabin fever, so resdy for spring. Fortunately it's supposed to be warm (in the 40's, that's warm for here Texas folks!) all week So we'll be boiling sap all week.

Chickens are starting to lay. Nothing from the turkeys yet though. Hopefully soon, we need them to hatch in April to be ready for the freezer this fall!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for sleep! I definitely know how doing without can drag you down and how getting enough is like an energy transplant!

My chickens are starting back up pretty well, and the quail too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sleep is a wonderful thing especially when you have a newborn! I hear you on cabin fever. I am getting bored with this winter story now, much as I enjoyed the snow! And we're in for another shipload this week I hear :\

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Everyone's good! Sleeping 7-8 hours at night now, Woo-hoo!

Dude offered to help sell the Jeep (as parts probably), and make up the difference in free labor. He's actually good at body work and DH's new truck needs some of that. I'm not happy with the deal but it could be worse.

I ordered cheese cultures yesterday and I am dying to get back to milking!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bless them children's hearts for sleeping! Still sucks about the Jeep - but whaddya gonna do? Getting something out of it for parts is better than nothing I guess. Maybe he can get that new truck fixed up and purtified, lol! Woo hoo on milking! Even more on cheesemaking!