NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD1 has some anxiety issues, she's coughing and has a runny nose. But it's not like a barky cough, just an annoying one. She is less panicky now though. She's playing, and singing, and coughing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am laughin reading about your Cornish rooster! I can relate to it so much! They are crazy-evil! My nasty Cornish rooster is reformed though! He spent a year separated from his hens and fending for himself amongst 10 - 20 off his rooster offspring, one of which challenges him for dominant status. He's so busy dealing with his problems he doesn't bother people anymore. Even when he's back in with the hens now, he's not flying at the fence when I walk by and I have no anxiety about going into the hen pen.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate that chicken! My Dominique roo might straighten him out but I don't need them killing each other.

Just found out a very close family friend of DH's (like a second mother to him practically) is in the hospital and being placed on hospice care. What is going on this weekend? Not cool.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well DD1 is starting to feel better, but now baby is sick :( and I have been feeling like I'm fighting it for a few days myself. So now I'm a nervous wreck that the baby's cold is going to turn into something worse because I'm neurotic like that.

We only got about 8" of snow. Parts of the state got 27"!! So happy!

Mimosa is due this weekend. She had triplets last year as a FF... I hope for twins, but triplets would be OK I suppose. No quads though, not interested in that, lol!

Chickens are laying, turkeys are not. I'm dying for spring. It's been too long since I've seen grass!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noooo....baby will NOT get sicker. You will not get sicker either! :fl

I thought you had one coming due soon...yay for more babies! Mimosa is a mini?

Glad you didn't get more snow - enough is enough! Guess you haven't been able to start milking with sick kiddos and all that snow?

Silly turkeys - but maybe they know something the chickens don't know?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wanted to start this week but yeah, I postponed! Hopefully next week.

Mimosa is a mini, yes. She should be my best milker if she performs as expected. Hope so!

I've been drinking chaga every day. It seems to help ward off illness. Last cold I got I started drinking chaga and I ended up with just a mild sore throat for 3 days and got better. Miracle fungus, lol!!

Latest posts