NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're good! I saw 2 nurse, DH saw the other one nurse. They were in the warming barrel when we went to say goodnight!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's great! My two newest little guys can't keep up with mama's milk production. I literally had to put her on the milk stand and got two cups out of her - and she's a little goat! Plus - she has never been on the milk stand, never been milked and stood there like a pro, without moving, while I milked her. Love this little gal!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! She's a keeper!

Now my nose is starting to run. Sigh. It's going to be so cold this weekend too, I don't want to be out checking on babies in the cold with a sick baby and a cold myself. Lame! Oh well... Soon we'll have milk and it'll all be worth it!

Spring is coming.... Right??

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spring is coming.... Right??
Maybe? We might be holding it hostage down here! :hide But it's supposed to rain again...ugh! I think "they" said it would be the 8th weekend in a row for rain....and guess what the long term forecast says we're getting next weekend too? More rain. :barnie

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hope you all get feeling better soon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Poor baby is having a hard time sleeping because she's so congested. Poor me is also not sleeping!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, poor darlin'! And, poor you! Those are rough times...I remember them well. Hope it passes quickly for both of you. Maybe you can convince both of the girls to enjoy a nap today and you can join them!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope she's a bit better by now and you're both getting some rest! :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was actually coming here to update. Unfortunately little miss has RSV. Which is an evil virus, BTW. I brought her to the doctor Friday, who sent us to the ER. She has been on IV fluids and oxygen since then. She's OK, but there is no treatment so we are here until it runs its course, which will be Tuesday at least it sounds like. She is doing a little better today she's eating more and is on reduced oxygen.

The night before last I slept an hour. Last night she slept well and I actually got a full night sleep. DH is running back and forth a lot, and my mom has DD1. Our dogs are lonely, DH just went home to play with them and do chores. He thought he might deal with our Cornish roo today, I think he almost got him pretty badly yesterday and he is not in the mood!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you got some sleep! Trying times when you have a little one in the hospital. Heck, it's trying times when any of your loved ones are hospitalized! So glad she's doing better and hope she continues to improve QUICKLY! Staying until Tuesday is ugh! But, staying until she's better is necessary!

Hope DH is ticked off enough at that rooster to do him in!