NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang! What a great day! Hay for work is better than hay for money - at least if you have the time! And, somebody to smoke your meat who is really, really good at it! BONUS! That reminds me that I still have a pig belly in the freezer that I need to turn into bacon. :drool

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Belated happy birthday! :hugs

Those barter/trade deals sound great! Love it when you have people around that you can do that with :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

So I have decided I am definitely not breeding Patty next year. She is still having issues, fecal sample hopefully going out tomorrow. But I just want her to have time to recover, this year has been rough on her for some unknown reason. Anyway that means Clifford is related to 100% of the does I am breeding and I need to decide if it's really worth keeping him an entire year and a half to be bred to my GG's for mutt kids, and to Patty.

Dominique eggs should be shipping tomorrow You know, as long as the lady isn't a scam artist! Lol I don't trust anyone!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe if the fecal shows what's up you can treat it and get her back in shape by fall? I dunno...

How related is he to your does?

Yay for Dominique eggs. Hope they are in good shape when they get to ya! I'm the same way about trusting people, lol. But, so far I've been pretty lucky.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In people terms, they're his aunts, lol. Their dam is his dam's dam. That was a fun sentence! Lol I know it might be OK but it's only linebreeding if you know what you're doing. I don't, so it's inbreeding!

Hope the eggs make it OK. I asked to pick them up, our postal route is horribly muddy and bumpy so a day of that (we're near the end of the route) wouldn't help. Not that they won't have rough rides to get here!

I have a ton of milk in the fridge, better make some chevre and yogurt today!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope the eggs will arrive in good condition for you. Good idea to go pick them up, they'll be scrambled otherwise!