NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She looked like people had reacted the same way before, and it was rolled barley. No clue, I'll ask one of the older folks that have worked there for a gazillion years at some point.

One of DH's coworkers wants to buy milk. I said... But I use it all! I don't have extra! Maybe when I do.... But I'll gladly sell him eggs, I have a gazillion of those!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's crazy stuff!

That would be cool to have a milk customer....if you had spare milk. I'm feeding milk to the pigs and dog again...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will eventually but don't yet! I also have a dog breeder who wants some. I am allowed to sell here, too without a permit. Sometimes I love NH

Gotta get a fecal shipped next week, vets charge $25 but can do them for $10+ shipping if I send them out. Patty's still struggling. Might take her out of the main pen and give her the kidding stall for a bit while she dries up. Will probably copper bolus everyone soon too, I've never done that before but it's recommended by many around here. Mimosa and Bellini are maintaining weight beautifully. And are getting better on the stand also.

I can't find one of my chickens. Stupid fox may have returned. Boo!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, wish we could sell it here. I mean, we can with stipulations of course. I've known people who wanted it for puppies too. I'd rather just sell 'em a goat, lol! Too many hoops to jump through.

I've got a couple goats who still look shaggy when the rest of 'em have slicked off so nicely. May run in a fecal on them too. My vet is $15.00...and I've got all the stuff to do it here but I don't really trust myself that much. Might go ahead and try that this weekend...that would be a fun project for DH and the grand.

Stupid fox....grrrrrr!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is doing yard cleanup, a dump run and getting a round bale this morning. I've been pasteurizing and doing laundry. This afternoon we will attack the barn! It's a lovely sunny day, tomorrow will be cold and rainy so I want to get as much done as possible today. Tomorrow we can start seeds.

I found someone selling Dom eggs in NY who can ship a dozen Tuesday. Gonna try it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YaY for DH! Must be nice having 'outide' help. I'm not *itching cuz DH really can't do it without having a sugar crash...but still...it must be nice having outside help! Actually, what I'd prefer is INSIDE help, lol.

Any chicks or pips? Maybe instead of having a horrible hatch - you had horrible fertilization? :hu

Good luck on the Dom eggs!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely zero activity in the incubator. I actually do think it was fertilization primarily, since most seemed to have no growth.

Off to clean the barn. DD1 went to my mom's and DD2 can nap in her stroller!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Barn is beautiful! DH is still working in the yard. We started seeds. I still have to fold laundry, make the bed and take a shower. I love spring!!

This week I'll clean the chicken coops. Then we have some building and fencing projects to tackle!

Yesterday was my birthday so we're doing lunch with my parents tomorrow. And it's going to rain so we'll putter inside and have a quieter day!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, also, DH did some tractor work for the lady we get hay from and she owes us a couple bales, Woo-hoo! Oh, and he talked to his friend who does (and wins) BBQ competitions and he's going to smoke our bacon and shoulders that have been awaiting smoking and we'll trade him meat. He makes the best food... I can't wait! We'll talk to him next week about the details!