NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know it might be OK but it's only linebreeding if you know what you're doing. I don't, so it's inbreeding!
Are there different sires of each generation? If so - then it's not soooo terribly close because you have the genetic influence/diversity of the different sires.

So hard to know what to do! You might get awesome kids out of the cross - or you might not. :hu

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm tempted to sell him and not replace him til fall. I only need 2 does bred, I have a friend I might even be able to borrow a buck from... I literally need a buck for maybe a minute lol. I'm feeling really overwhelmed right now with the human baby, goats and everything else. I have sort of decimated my herd but I guess life happens :( and if I need to relieve some stress it has to come from something other than the human family members lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I figure if I find the right buckling next year (pygmy most likely), I will keep a wether buddy and they'll be friends from when they're little and he hopefully won't be as awful to him!

And I may only keep my 2 current milkers and get my GG's. Serious potential downsizing. It's either that or I'm going to go crazy and sell out. And I like cheese so I don't wanna do that!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a tracking number for my eggs. Guess they do exist! Lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Serious potential downsizing sounds like the right thing....you've got a human baby to raise right now. Making your life easier just makes good sense.

Yay on the tracking number!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just hate selling goats but I think I need to :( not giving up on my GG's though. I really need the vacation too!

Off to the library. Did I mention DD1 read a 4th grade reading level chapter book yesterday? Twice. Once to herself and once to me. She is supposed to be in preschool!