NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Way to go Lucy! That's pretty amazing - speaks to the good care you're giving her.

I'm not so good on goat recipes. I mostly put mine in the crock pot with a lot of wine. :) I did try to smoke some ribs, but I overcooked 'em. They're pretty tiny on a small goat like that.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think she's a tough little goat too!

There isn't much meat on a goat! This one is so skinny (built like an alpine) and we don't want to bother raising him to full size because it will be more money out and still not a lot of meat! The other one will stay with Clifford until next year, get some meat on him and we'll butcher him.

Another not great milking day for the evil twins. Bellini was a little better, Mimosa is probably drying up. She was only briefly milked last year and I really think there's truth to that being an issue in the future.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd like to. I have a ton of fatty ground pork in the freezer too. We'll see what DH wants to do.

Gotta go to the feed store today. Just need goat feed, not a brutally expensive week.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lucy has pellet poo, woohoo! Lol this is my life... Goat poop.

I will let you all know, I hope it'll be yummy! I know someone who has a good recipe for goat tacos now that I think of it.... Hmm....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My phone is being super uncooperative today. I thought I posted a while ago but nope.

@frustratedearthmother do you use Toltrazuril? I got mine today and I don't know the dosage!

DH's idiot friend decided to butcher a pig today without asking for DH's help... Apparently it did not go well. Oops.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do use it and love it! I use 1cc per 5 lbs. Don't have any cocci problems anymore at all.

Ugh on butchering a pig today - but of course I'm thinking about our heat here.

Is DH going to have to go help his friend?

Last edited: