NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK cool that's what I found for dosage too. I should treat again in 10 days like a dewormer or different protocol?

No his friend figured it out. It's too hot for it here too. Dude's stupid.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I'm working with a new born I do it at three weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks and 12...then I don't do it again unless I have a reason to believe they need it.

For an older goat I might just do it once but watch the goat and if it seems unthrifty 3 weeks later I'd do it again - after that I'd be looking for other reasons that the goat is "off." They should develop a tolerance for coccidia as they age. But, we know that certain things can disrupt their normal and you get a bloom.

Having said that - I've given Conan one treatment and one only and it was kinda "justincase." I don't think I've ever wormed him and his membranes are bright!! Love that goat! Maybe I'll take a fecal in and have it run just for kicks.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool thanks! Doing ivermectin tonight so I'll do Toltrazuril tomorrow with probiotics and copper bolus (Gidget got that already but Lucy didn't) and move their pen again.

We will have healthy goats darn it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I made us feta stuffed lamburgers from the web site I posted. They were awesome. DH said that recipe is a keeper!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds great! We did chevre stuffed pork burgers last week, also awesome!

I keep trying to post, coming back and there's nothing there... Uh... Helpful phone.

Changing my goat plans again but I'm keeping them secret because I will probably change them again! Lol either way, gonna have less goats this winter. Potentially a lot less.

Beautiful day, rained most of the day and now cool, breezy, and bright blue skies. I'll take it. Unfortunately I think all the rain multiplied the buck smell cause eeew.... Rut started early and I need to move Clifford's pen farther away from civilization!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think all the rain multiplied the buck smell cause eeew.... Rut started early and I need to move Clifford's pen farther away from civilization!
And the folks that picked up the buck from me today put him in the back of their SUV.....I'm sure they weren't loving life on the way home, lol! (yep - my guys are starting the stinkiness too)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol no not yet. And it isn't really sad, no worries. Just might not milk next year. Or I might, I dunno lol. The GG's and Clifford are safe. No one else is for sure. Patty I am trying to find a pet home for and one or both witches are gone. But, there's a dairy near me that sells the yearlings they decided not to keep every fall so I might grab one this fall and try out milking a full size goat, lol. We are also deciding if we want another human kid, and deciding if we're going to try to move, plus we have all the pigs and it's my first official homeschooling year so, not milking... Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

And ew, I transport does and kids in my car but bucks.... I would borrow a trailer!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are also deciding if we want another human kid, and deciding if we're going to try to move, plus we have all the pigs and it's my first official homeschooling year so, not milking.
That's a lot of deciding! And, thankfully, pigs are pretty easy! (if they stay where ya put 'em)