NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I mean, goats and sheep have enough issues lol! Aren't they cute?

Power flickered at 2, woke baby up. It's now 3:15 and baby and I are still awake. Ugh! Not cool, power, not cool.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stupid power flicker.... Nothing worse than disrupted sleep...but a good excuse to sleep late if you can convince other DD!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope DD2 was up normal time. Oh well. She'll be tired later! She finally went back to sleep at 4 am. DD1 always sleeps in. She's rarely up before 8. Love homeschooling, kids need their sleep!

DH has someone coming to get scrap today, yay money and getting rid of junk! Of course scrap is super low right now so not a lot of money but oh well.

I'm starting to get anxious about winter coming, it's getting cold and we have so much to do. But we've always managed to get it done so I'm sure we will again!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Same on winter-prep anxiety. Winter is coming so fast this year. I was expecting another month too chip away at our to-do list. Thankfully the most important things are done.

I would love to see photo of your outdoor rearranging! I'm trying to visualize having all your stuff dragged to new locations!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You have me curious about Shetland sheep now… I was thinking goats, still am, for future, but sheep are nice too and I had some before. I'll keep them for meat mainly though.

Ugh on the hay! Hope you can get that sorted out.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shetlands are really small and slow growing so you might be underwhelmed with them for meat. We will raise some to butcher but we don't mind the size , easier to handle!

It looks like a disaster around here, mid-rearranging lol. Maybe we'll be ready before it snows... Maybe not !

I am grumpy and exhausted today. Already counting down til bed time!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well now baby thinks it's fun to be awake at 2am lol. I think it's her darn teeth, they're taking their sweet time coming in. Ah well, at least it wasn't as long as last time.

Made my first Apple pie today with DD1. It smells delicious!

Going to be in the 20's tonight. High tomorrow of 37! What?? Ugh... Maybe snow even.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had hail today. DH was driving home in it and he said everyone was moving about 12mph. Every fall people forget how to drive in winter... the first few storms are interesting. Oh wait... they're like this....
downloadfile-7.jpeg

My sore throat is back. Again, no other symptoms (except a migraine today) and no one else is having any issues. Ugh!