NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The police are not great about that here. They say thanks for the info, we're working on it.... And nothing happens. They know who's doing what but can't prove it yet. So they keep doing it. Just had some meth manufacturers move in nearby too, not on our road but an adjoining road. Sigh.

No one has blown anything up yet though, holy cow that's scary!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are blessed with a good neighborhood. There was a “nephew” that was a thief, but he stayed away from our place. Fenced all around and big dogs. He finally went to prison.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah we have a thief up the road too who's in and out of jail a lot. He won't bother us though.

Just went to bed and there goes the power. That's the other reason I hate living here. Our power company is horrible and we lose power constantly . Our friends down the road on another company hardly ever lose it. Ugh!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is! I am pretty tough, and not many things make me whiny and feel bad for myself, but losing power is one of them lol! It is so frustrating! I guess I should be happy though, 10 minutes before it went out I was in the shower. That would have been way worse!!

I feel bad complaining about the electric company because it's really not their fault they got the worst territory to cover. It's all thick woods, lots of swampy areas, and they don't spray so they have to rely on the tree company to cut back the lines but it's just brutal compared to the companies that go right along the highway! I'm still grumpy though. At least it didn't wake the kids up!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so grateful I have had zero problems with thieves but then again I think target practice at Dad's often, and big dogs has helped let everyone know we are not an easy target.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
NHH, I know exactly how you feel! Back in S.A. we had to deal with drug addicts and alcoholics and petty crime constantly. And useless, disinterested Police. Sadly a lot of the criminals were kids, some your DD's age.. And power outages all the time. We had them nearly daily. Yep, I know how you feel. One by one the little and big incidents and frustrations add up. Make the most of what you have now and hang in there until your DH comes round, or another good opportunity comes your way. I ended up putting my foot down and said to my ex, I am NOT raising my child in that environment, we can do better. It worked ;) Just saying..

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that was much worse than what we deal with! I'm glad you got your son to a much better place!

Power came back on around 3, and DH milling around turning the generator off woke DD2 up. She was up until almost 5. So. Tired!

I'm trying to hang in there, I think our current place is making me not feel well and it is affecting my mood. We'll figure something out, and it must be before winter!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Try to nap today, if you can. Power outages are a major pain in the rump and wide awake kids in the middle of the night, ugh. I'm so glad I'm over that stage with my DS. The place you live in can have a major effect on your mood, especially if you're not happy there. I hated being in S.A. and realised soon after we left the farm it was the best thing to do for us all, especially DS. He is doing so well here! Hopefully you guys can figure something out for you all soon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've found a significant amount of mold in our house... I think it's physically affecting me as much as not liking where we live is mentally affecting me! Even if we have to downsize temporarily, we need to replace this place. Sigh.