NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool on re-thinking the educational goals and philosophies. It really is cool that you have that option. Your DD is so bright that she might enjoy something a little out of the box.

Ugh on dairy still giving you issues. Isn't there some supplement that you can take that helps the body digest dairy? Off to google:

"Using lactase enzyme tablets or drops. Over-the-counter tablets or drops containing the lactase enzyme (Dairy Ease, Lactaid, others) may help you digest dairy products. You can take tablets just before a meal or snack. Or the drops can be added to a carton of milk. Apr 21, 2018"

Stoopid neighbor's dogs. They can be a real PIA!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your little one sounds like a fun pupil :) And it's great that you can teach her how and when you feel like it too! It's great for both of you.

Time to have a chat with the neighbours? I hate when people can't keep their animals under control and off other people's properties.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had like... 4 chats with the neighbors? Of varying intensity and friendliness, lol. It's the neighbor's son actually. The neighbor is a lovely man and he keeps his dogs where they belong, and apologizes when his hound dog barks a lot (not that we care). His son has 5 human kids and 5 dogs and there is constant screaming, barking, and wandering (of the dogs lol). Ugh!!

I could use lactase tablets but I kind of prefer the idea of, my body doesn't like it, so I'll learn to embrace that. But that might work for birthdays and Christmas and times I REALLY want pie, or whatever lol.

So some guy from Florida just had to be rescued in the White Mountains in northern NH. Good lesson on elevation.... this is what it looks like in the White Mountains today. That's 3 feet....
Screenshot_2018-10-25-09-00-18-1.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goodness gracious! Dat's some snow there!

Hope the neighbor's human kids can learn to keep tabs on their dogs! Grrrr

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What about catching the dogs and taking them to a neighboring county to turn in to the animal shelter? I wouldn't complain any more to the neighbors and maybe just a pop noise and dog disappears...… Nope, haven't seen your dog in awhile...….

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll probably just call the police. Last time we had stray dogs (different dogs) in our yard and were finding dead or missing chickens, we called the police and they went down and had a chat with the owner. Haven't seen his dogs since. Also haven't had any dead chickens since.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'll probably just call the police. Last time we had stray dogs (different dogs) in our yard and were finding dead or missing chickens, we called the police and they went down and had a chat with the owner. Haven't seen his dogs since. Also haven't had any dead chickens since.
Good idea!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're forecasted to get a "coastal storm" tomorrow. And the high temp should be around 35. So it'll be snow, turning to rain and possible high winds. And our plan was to move the hoop house and all the hay. That's not gonna happen!

So we need to move the chickens into the big coop, they're still in their temporary pens and they'll freeze in there (not really but they'll be more comfortable in the big coop). Lock down the barn and give the pigs extra hay in their huts.

I'm not super motivated today, I cleaned out the fridge and pulled some clothes I never wear out to donate. Now I have to finish laundry (I live and breathe laundry these days) and get the kids outside for a bit. It's decent out today!

Latest posts