NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! It was actually a lot colder than I thought, lol. none of the ice I threw out of the water dishes melted. We spent a little time outside though, DD 1 likes to play soccer, Ugh I hate soccer.

I think we'll do DD 's birthday dinner tomorrow so we have Sunday's somewhat nicer weather to do something productive .

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And it's snowing. Eww!

DH moved the chickens last night and one escaped. She spent the night in the woods and surprisingly is alive and in the yard pecking around. Gotta catch her before it gets too gross out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our power was flickering a bit ago. So annoying!!

So the FIL told DH he wants to have a chat . Lol this dude likes to chat. But I think he would love us to go on all these crazy vacations with him, and move into the BIL's house in town. .. I don't know, is it bad that I find it tempting ? The place has enough space for a huge garden, some rabbits for meat and fiber, And a couple hens. I always wanted my kids to grow up on a farm, but how about my kids traveling the world, you know? DH is not interested, I don't even know if I am, but it is making me think.... sigh.

Mid life crisis! Lol!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm….might be tempting...might be a feeling of being controlled? Or, it could be fantastic. Or, you might want to do it for awhile and then get back to farming? Or... LOL! Lots of possibilities! And, options are a wonderful thing!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH said no. Lol but I guess I'm just sick of being here!

Lots of accidents today, Super windy, roads are slick. Got home and Stanley and Charlotte's hut blew away and took out their fence. They were standing there looking rather confused! He fixed their hut and fence, tied down the hut and gave them loads of hay.

Can't find the Orpington. She's being an idiot and running way every time we look at her. I'll have him look for her one more time in case she's roosting nearby. Bad night to take off dummie chicken.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And days as you just escribed are WHY you feel a change would be nice...why you are "just sick of being here". We all have these "why am I doing this?" time.

Milk -- goat milk does contain an enzyme to help digest, that cow milk does not, but -- pasteurizing destroys it. And it may not be enough for your own system. I like your just saying -- can't have BUT -- could take a pill to help when temptations run in high gear. No cheese would sure be a kick in the butt....or ice cream :lol: Otherwise, maybe you could do a little revision in your cooking and alter ingredients -- OR somethings may be a dish you could take a couple servings out before dairy added?

You'll work it out. Maybe you could get a day off -- all alone, to do something special that is of interest to YOU. That often helps me with my tolerance of day to day.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's more than being tired of what I'm doing. It's tired of living where I live, in this same small town I grew up in, surrounded by the same people. .. except now half of them are drug addicts, the opioid epidemic hit hard here. And meth. Remember we have had drug addicts show up at my house looking for drugs, and after we called the cops the drug dealer started trying to intimidate us? I know, I have guns, but I don't want to have to use them!

I'm sure we won't go anywhere, but I would like to!

Had pizza and ice cream cake for DD's birthday today. I didn't eat any ice cream cake but the pizza. .. so good. Ans so unhappy now lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh...I think I might wanna change of scenery too - or a 10 ft. fence, 4 Rottweilers 6 LGD's, a surveillance system and a couple of bodyguards! About 10 years ago we had drug dealers on our street. It sure made for some uneasy
times. We, and all the neighbors would regularly call the sheriff's dept. They'd come out and harass them enough that they'd eventually move on. There was even a time when they blew up/burned down one of the rent houses. That helped keep 'em away for awhile...until they moved a trailer in. But we're pretty good now - some good folks bought that property at the end of our street and are going to build a house there.