NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My pipes are frozen. Ugh! Good thing this place will be gone next week, I'm about sick of this!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And what a great way to start the day.....UGH! Gonna stay below freezing all day isn't it...or more likely for the next few days??

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, today and tomorrow. Then 40's and rainy this weekend. I don't even know what's wrong with our weather!

DH has to work from 4pm today straight through until Saturday morning. Lucky him, lol. It's gonna be COLD on the mountain! Then Saturday morning we get the sheepies, and we move out Sunday. Someone is buying our pellet boiler, the new house is all set up for propane so we'll run that at least through this winter and if it's too expensive we'll get a new boiler (they've improved a lot in the short time since we got ours!) So they'll get it Sunday as well. So busy!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Crazy busy and cold days ahead for you guys. Stay warm and look after yourself! In a few weeks you'll be in your wonderful new house :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight's forecast, -3. And that's without wind chill. And it's windy! Yuck!

Had a terrible thanksgiving. I hate thanksgiving anyway. But DH and my mom, I have had it! He's too hard on DD1 and my mom spoils her to no end. Ugh. And no one listens to me. Why would they? Next year we're volunteering or skipping this stupid holiday.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I skipped Thanksgiving. It was blissful. I napped twice and ate a Hungryman dinner, followed by Oreos I forgot I had. :D We also butchered a deer. I made pot pies, mashed potatoes, and cinnamon rolls to freeze for Christmas week. Currently mending one of DH's favorite old shirts to wrap for Christmas - along with $70 monopoly money to represent how much I saved by not buying a new one. :gig

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Tonight's forecast, -3. And that's without wind chill. And it's windy! Yuck!

Had a terrible thanksgiving. I hate thanksgiving anyway. But DH and my mom, I have had it! He's too hard on DD1 and my mom spoils her to no end. Ugh. And no one listens to me. Why would they? Next year we're volunteering or skipping this stupid holiday.
Sorry to hear you had such a crappy time :hugs That is why I hardly bother with any holidays, including Xmas. Family can and did spoil it so much for me, I dread them instead of looking forward to them.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I skipped Thanksgiving. It was blissful. I napped twice and ate a Hungryman dinner, followed by Oreos I forgot I had. :D We also butchered a deer. I made pot pies, mashed potatoes, and cinnamon rolls to freeze for Christmas week. Currently mending one of DH's favorite old shirts to wrap for Christmas - along with $70 monopoly money to represent how much I saved by not buying a new one. :gig
It does sound blissful, if busy! I love what you're doing with the shirt and the money! :lol: