NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So we are home, with most of our stuff at my moms, pipes are still frozen and now, no power. Will be heading down for showers and laundry later today. I am not a happy person.

Oh, my! I wouldn't be happy either. Yet, I can understand you're wanting to "put off" the actual move in as long as possible. Been there :hide It's a blessing with many tribulations. Some hard to endure.

They need to move on this exchange of housing. You realize the weather is not helping them, either, I know. Hey -- the snow could have waited!!!!!! :he

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The "good old boy" New Englander types- it'll get done, they just don't communicate well regarding when.

The snow isn't a big deal, the ground freezing is more of an issue. It's above freezing and the snow will help insulate. It's just annoying.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waiting to hear back from FIL. Still snowing hard. Over ten thousand without power, over 20 thousand in VT. The power company quit giving estimates for restoration times. Trees down everywhere, some of the main roads are shut down. And 20 miles away my mom is at school because they got all rain lol. Welcome to New England!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Waiting to hear back from FIL. Still snowing hard. Over ten thousand without power, over 20 thousand in VT. The power company quit giving estimates for restoration times. Trees down everywhere, some of the main roads are shut down. And 20 miles away my mom is at school because they got all rain lol. Welcome to New England!
That's crazy! They really need to cut some trees around the power lines. After our big storm last year the power companies went and cleared lines up and down the country. On some land they gave owners/managers the option to remove the trees themselves or have it done. But it got done.

I hope you'll get the house situation sorted out SOON :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, it came back in the afternoon! Some people still don't but they're moving along fairly quickly.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes! Still no water :( but DH will tackle that if we're going to be here for a while. He just hasn't because we thought we were leaving this week. Hopefully will know more today.