NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No. But he's in a hurry so I'm sure soon. Our building inspector retires January 1st so the guy said he wants to be done and signed off by him in case whoever takes over is more difficult! We don't have zoning so it all seems a little ridiculous to me that we even have a building inspector but whatever.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers cross they'll get a move on with this SOON, and work quickly, so you guys can move in.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We didn't get much accomplished today because it rained all day. So tomorrow we have a lot of stuff to move. It's supposed to be pretty warm so good day to do it.

Today we hung out and ate too much food and watched Christmas movies. I was useless and it was awesome lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Taking a day off and doing nothing is essential to mental and physical health. You NEED those days!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Moving a bunch of stuff today. Having to move your stuff, store it for a month, and move it again, makes you wonder why you have so much stuff. I'm in clean out mode. Dumping all kinds of stuff in the dumpster! My new house is going to be organized darn it! And I need space for fiber things, of course.

Sheep and goats are doing much better together now. Happy to see them munching away together.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH already had it out with the concrete guy, who said he's going to try to pour by next Monday. No. You're pouring this week. He's trying to say we're being unreasonable expecting to be in by January. Which his boss promised. And we have to be because we have NOWHERE TO LIVE! Ughh! DH does concrete, this was going to be done weeks ago before FIL decided not to have DH do the slab. Not to mention this guy is saying they need to dig down and then bring in material where the slab is going. That spot is clay and sand, which is exactly what you want there. The boss man is going to get a call from someone today.