NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I fixed deviled eggs, hot wings, jalapeno poppers, chips and dip, and invited the neighbors over. The game was good, even if they had to work at making any points. I liked the halftime show that the critics are slamming. Take freakin' politics out of football please. I am no big football fan, but I like the Super Bowl.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I expected as much, Adam Levine may be a pop star but he's fairly classy and I figured he'd take the high road and not get involved. I was happy to be right.

@tortoise do you have a suggestion for (not super expensive) clippers for crunching and quick things? I have someone to shear in March but something for in between touch ups? I also really want to shear them in the fall and may have to just do it myself because no ones driving all the way to the boondocks for 2 tiny ewes lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I expected as much, Adam Levine may be a pop star but he's fairly classy and I figured he'd take the high road and not get involved. I was happy to be right.

@tortoise do you have a suggestion for (not super expensive) clippers for crunching and quick things? I have someone to shear in March but something for in between touch ups? I also really want to shear them in the fall and may have to just do it myself because no ones driving all the way to the boondocks for 2 tiny ewes lol.

I'm not sure how helpful my experience is. I have all kinds of hand injuries and cannot hold a real shear. I need ultra-light clippers. I use Andis Excel 5-speed with blocking blades. I already had 2 of these clippers before I got sheep, so it was obvious choice for me. :D Don't get the "super" blocking blade, it's too short. This might fall in the "super expensive" category, IDK what your budget is like. You can use the Andis Excel for family haircuts and if you ever need to groom your dogs. I like that it is multi-purpose.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll check it out, I don't know what my budget is yet either lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Great progress on the butchering :thumbsup I can't comment on the football, the only match I watched this weekend was DS playing and they lost, but he had fun anyway.

That sheep looks like a sweetheart!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH went out to do chores and was thrilled this is the last morning he'll be screamed at by the last meat pig lol. The wether cries constantly and loudly too (ha I can hear him right now ) so it'll be quieter tomorrow morning for sure!

Also probably going to call the cops on the neighbors dogs. They bark ALL NIGHT LONG. And then during the day they're always showing up in my yard. Ugh! No peace and quiet around here, lol