NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't need to. Had other dogs in my yard and missing chickens and the police had a chat with them... haven't seen them since. Also, the issue is actually our neighbor's adult child, the neighbor is on our side so one police visit will do a lot of good.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lucky indeed. I feel bad for their dogs. They have 5 children and 5 dogs, they just got some goats, and they live in what could best be described as a shack. I assume the dogs live outside but I don't know for sure. Some awful cold nights for non-LGD breeds that aren't meant for below zero weather.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 53 degrees and sunny. I can hear snow melting and water dripping off everything. No complaints (except that Patty won't cooperate and kid today)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Second pig gutted, skinned and now I'm getting the "might not have time for the goat " blah from DH.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! Guess you convinced him to go ahead with it! I think a goat should be faster than a pig....much easier to skin...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If we like goat meat I'm looking at prices for kiko does. Percentage, not purebred. I have a friend with a boer buck... hmm... I have acres upon acres of brush... hmm... all in the future but worth looking into.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If we like goat meat I'm looking at prices for kiko does. Percentage, not purebred. I have a friend with a boer buck... hmm... I have acres upon acres of brush... hmm... all in the future but worth looking into.
Really hope you like it - I love it. I need to butcher another goat - but don't really have one in mind.

Sounds like a plan. I think kiko x boer would be an awesome cross!

Latest posts