NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still 4 piggies!

I'm seeing 59 degrees forecasted by the end of the week! Eek! Its gonna be muddy... I don't care. Warmth! We are only going to tap a couple trees because we have no time or way to transport a ton of sap. Probably will do that tomorrow.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least my mud is short lived! My road and driveway get bad though. Impassable some years. Hopefully not this year.

DH said out of our 2 Dominique roos, one is huge and beautiful and calm. The other is smaller, scrawny and aggressive. Well that's an easy choice! We'll move Mr. Scrawny along soon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and I'm getting excited because I have goat milk and lard in the freezer, and I'm about to have wool, and I'm growing lavender and some other fun stuff this summer so I can make homemade felted soap this summer! Yay! I have to make some vegan soap for the vegan friend too... I'll have to think about that one...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh and I'm getting excited because I have goat milk and lard in the freezer, and I'm about to have wool, and I'm growing lavender and some other fun stuff this summer so I can make homemade felted soap this summer! Yay! I have to make some vegan soap for the vegan friend too... I'll have to think about that one...
That sounds really cool! Please show and tell when you get round to doing it?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will, I'm still a soap making newbie but I'll show what I can!

We just went and got buckets for collecting sap. And there were chicks and ducklings at TSC. DH said no :( but dd1 and I convinced him to get a few ducks later this year when it's warmer!

Latest posts