NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
However, I do know that after you've been at a goat show all day and a bunch of exhibitors go to dinner together they either seat you outside or give you a separate room, lol!

:lol:

Fleece. Gosh, that is more work than milking...:D … but, doesn't last as long. I'm waiting to see how this goes for you. It's a project. :caf

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We cuddled some piggies this afternoon. The little boy flopped for a belly rub! It was the cutest thing ever! One of the little girls screams nonstop when you pick her up, the little boy squealed once and then cuddled up, and the two other girls are somewhere in the middle.
Sweet! I never had cuddly piglets. Mine screamed blue murder when I picked them up. All of them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is painting the kitchen! The house is still all primer, it's been driving me insane. So my parents just painted their house and had 3 gallons of extra paint. I'm not picky about white and off white kitchen colors, so we're using whatever they used lol. It's free, I'm cool with it. And I am a terrible painter so I have escaped the job (yay!)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's painting...slowly... lol

I realized after thinking and piecing together information that I don't think Charlotte raised her piglets last year. I think he bottle fed them in the house. That means this is her first time... I'll cut her some slack. We've pretty much settled that she can have at least another year here. Piglets still doing well :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah she is doing pretty well, all things considered. It was so cold when she farrowed I was half convinced we'd lose them all.

It's a little slow waiting for spring here... so much to do but we just can't do it yet... anxious to clean out the barn and winter pens. But since we can't do that... at least we can tap trees (it got cold again so we haven't bothered yet), trim hooves, and get the sheep sheared this week. Need to get going on building hives too, looks like bees will be for sale around May. But, that's DH's thing, and frankly, rushing him is useless. So if he wants bees, he better get moving.

We also have a bunch of yard clean up and landscaping to do when spring comes, and we need to relocate the kids' stuff to the backyard and hopefully fence it in so they have one area with the slide, sand box, swingset and kiddie pool. And it's right next to the main garden so that'll be great!

But for now it's cold. So none of this is happening. Boo!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was half convinced we'd lose them all.
So glad that didn't happen. Charlotte needed a win!
We also have a bunch of yard clean up and landscaping to do when spring comes, and we need to relocate the kids' stuff to the backyard and hopefully fence it in so they have one area with the slide, sand box, swingset and kiddie pool. And it's right next to the main garden so that'll be great!
That sounds like a great idea.

You're waiting for warmer spring weather and I'm waiting for dry... but it's not terrible right now!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I got home today the sheep spent an hour throttling each other. So strange... they're over it now. To be continued after shearing I'm sure lol!

DD2 is currently obsessed with splashing in the dog's water dish and I'm losing my mind. That's 90% of my days right there.

Got out my seeds, time to start some soon! A friend gave us an aloe plant today, so excited! It's a beauty!