NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pics won't load, I've tried like 5 times. Grrr

Second one partially out now. First one is doing great! Really loud, haha chirps constantly!

I just had a wild tom show up and attack my tom. Not cool.

I'll try to upload again in a bit here.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This weekend is youth weekend and May is spring turkey season so one can hope! I don't have my license, unfortunately, but someone will get him I hope!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guys hate competition. My little cockerel is stuck out side the coop waiting for El Hefe to go to sleep so he can come in at night.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And we have a third turkey! This one actually made it out without help. I had to keep putting eggs in after I started the incubator so I would have enough, hence the spaced out hatching.

Pretty sure I'll be retiring the incubator for the year after this. We have spent the past few years building up... Now I'm feeling mildly burnt out and overwhelmed. I think raising pigs over the winter did me in! Lol. Looking forward to their date with the freezer, for sure. My husband went hey, we can build hoop coops with their panels! Now he's cool with butchering them before too long. He wants to use them to clear some land first though.

I really just want to focus on the garden this year, and raising some turkeys to butcher. Everyone else is in maintenance mode. I'm cool with that. Oh except the new buckling but he'll be easy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the turkeys! So glad you're not stuck with a singleton. I get ya on just running in maintenance mode for awhile. That sounds great to me...not sure I'm there yet but hopefully with DH home he can catch up on some things.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have plenty to catch up on too! And a bunch of stuff to sell, etc. Now that we are out of meat birds we have all that stuff to clean up and offload. And so much more, haha!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
0427171203d-1.jpg
0427171203d-1.jpg
0427171203d-1.jpg
Have to get shavings, they're on hay at the moment. #2 is still wonky, but he/she eats and drinks anyway.

This is #1, very interested in people!