NH Homesteader's journal

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If some of those toys got "lost" she'd never miss them. Simply pack them away. Then, on a rainy day, when you've "disappeared" some of the toys she has left in her room, you can bring out the packed ones.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Getting extra B vitamins? Be sure you don't miss out on Folate!
We got to go through her last pregnancy "with" her here. Very thorough pre-natal care these days and we even had a discussion on pre-natal vitamins - of all things! They do things better now than they did back when I was pregnant about a hunnert years ago. :old

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the baby announcement. Congratulations on baby #3. Boy or girl, it doesn't matter, you'll be ok. Our DD has 3 little girls, ages 11, 4 and 2. The second girl was anxiously anticipated and everyone was so excited. There was a 7 year gap between #1 and #2. #3 daughter was a whoops, there is 19 months between #2 and #3. Each one is a Blessing.

I am glad that you are getting your doe back again. Things just work out for the best.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well their ages are close to my kids! DD1 was 5 when DD2 was born, and #3 is due when DD2 is 21 months. Oops is right, lol. I am still more overwhelmed than excited, but I also still don't feel well. And we're still buried in snow, which makes me grumpy! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't imagine living in your climate, taking care of critters having 2 kiddos and another on the way and accomplishing Anything, lol! So, you're kinda my hero, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol thanks, I don't feel like I'm getting much accomplished! DH has been doing most of the feeding and watering, I can't lug buckets so until it's warm enough for the hose he's stuck doing it! He never complains though. Of course, "his" animals (chickens, pigs) outnumber "my" animals (goats and sheep) at the moment! I still need to start seeds.

FIL wants to do a huge garden so I can go there while DH is working and putter with him, so that'll reduce how much I need/want to do here. They won't can or anything so we'll get a lot of veggies from there!

I feel like I might be getting a cold. Or I'm just dead tired and allergy-ish. Hoping for the latter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has been doing most of the feeding and watering, I can't lug buckets
He's a good guy.

It'll be nice to help with FIL's garden and reap a portion of the bounty.

Hope you feel better. We are overrun with pollen here - worse it's been in years. Everything is coated in a blanket of yellow.... ugh.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is a good guy. I give him a hard time sometimes but he really steps up. And he never says no when I want something. If I see something I like, he builds it for me (he built me a barn after all!) Next thing is getting some landscaping done! I want flowers darn it!

I've had a killer headache all week. But, we just cleaned and organized the "playroom" and DD1's bedroom. Just vacuumed and every stinking little toy is where it belongs. I can not explain how big a task this was, lol. So. Many. Toys. And books. Those are all organized and on the shelves too. Now taking a play break before we tackle the kitchen. Anyone have a secret for how to keep the kitchen island from becoming a dumping ground? Lol