NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think so, and it's hard to find decent hay here so I don't count on it being able to sustain them. I'll probably go back to alfalfa pellets mixed with their grain, and some BOSS. that's when my goats do the best for whatever reason. DH likes to remind me my goats are much more difficult than his pigs. Yeah... until the pigs test their fences that is! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goats are moved, Charlotte and piglets are moved. Didn't get to clean out the stall but we don't need it right now so meh, who cares? Lol

DH is going to paint for a few minutes, then I think he's going smelting. Yuck. Have fun with that. I'll be in the warm house! Lol

I'm so darn happy to have my little goat back!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Smelting?

And gee whiz - your DH is busy! Tree stuff this morning, goat and pig moving, painting and now smelting! (whatever that is, lol)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Smelt, they're a weird little fish that run for a few days and all the weirdos go out at night and stand in the river and catch them. I don't know where they're coming from or going, I just know when they're running people get excited about it lol. Yeah sounds boring huh. And cold.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently there are only 10 places in the state you can take smelt by not. We just happen to live 10 minutes away from one. I don't get it either. It's a tradition I guess.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can see where catching fish would be fun! I haven't been fishing in about a million years - but I used to love it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fishing is fun, but I'd like to eat my catch!

So glad your goat is back home with you :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did nothing farm wise today... but it's 58 and sunny so we played outside. Ahh... spring.