NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Naked sheep, and Patty's buckling (who is now uh, well endowed! Lol)
20190405_171351.jpg
20190405_171918.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nekkid sheep are so cute! I forgot the little buckling had horns...I'm gonna be doing more horns soon enough - ugh. And, I need to get to banding pretty soon too - argh.

That little boar looks really nice and wide! I've got a sow that has a white spot on her side...just one spot, lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feed makes a lot of friends. LOL Good looking pigs, does a white spot disqualify them for registration?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope, it's a personal preference. Some like a little white, others try to avoid it. I personally like it! Some rare AGH have a blue gene, they turn blue/gray! They're trying to figure out where that came from, a lot of people really interested in that!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lol! I don't buy meat at the store. I realized half my grocery budget goes to dairy. Back to milking next year, and hopefully more self sufficiency will follow. Also didn't do much of a garden last year. Must get on that this year!

Isn't that strange to have half the grocery budget go to dairy?! Ours was the same before DS12 and I went dairy free. We've been buying a lot of veggies this winter - a lot of lettuce!! Can't wait until I can get an early harvest!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today we are moving the goats out of the barn, moving Charlotte and the piglets out of their stall into the other stall, and cleaning out where they've been. Hopefully that all happens anyway, lol. At least we'll get the goats outside!

Have to start some seeds this weekend too, maybe tonight.

I'm afraid to say it and bring bad luck on myself, but I'm finally starting to not feel nauseous all day.