NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesome - $250 is much better than $400 and especially $800. That's a crazy price unless the guy is gold plated!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And I think I'm going to get one next month. Waiting for his parents pedigrees and DH to give the ok!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep he's all mine, sending my deposit in on payday and he will be weaned and ready to go 5/15. And she uses toltrazuril. Gosh I love toltrazuril lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm happy, Lucky will have a friend to grow up with. I probably will have to replace Lucky in a few years but I plan to keep this dude. I think we're going to name him Duncan.

My parents had my brothers kids today, three girls. 3, 5 and 6. So we went to visit... five girls between 15 months and 6... and left to go to class. Then we came home and DH and I cleaned like mad because FIL will be here tomorrow and it was starting to look like we lived at the zoo (lol not really but kids and dogs are messy!) So I am TIRED.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow! I can't imagine the fun and craziness that had to happen with 5 little girls in the same house, lol! That had to be exhausting and fun! Ugh on cleaning - a necessary evil in my book. You deserve a break!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They were actually kinda quiet, did some crafts and played a few games. I have a wicked headache today. I'm about sick of hormone induced headaches, multiple days a week. Bleh. I almost got stuck in my driveway today, I'm about sick of mud too!

I don't know if we'll make our beehives in time to get bees this year. Too much of everything else to worry about. You have to get them going in May here if you have any chance of them being ready for winter. We'll see...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the headache disappeared! I don't get stuck in the driveway - I just get myself stuck in boot-sucking puddles. Thankfully, the mud is controlling itself right now, despite the rains.

Hope the beehives work out for you this year - but I guess they do need time to build up stores of honey to get through the winter. DH has made noises about bees - but I don't really want to jump into that. It would likely turn out to be like his venture into quail... eek. Maybe when he's retired he can take on a hobby (besides Twitter), lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How are the piglets coming along? Are you going to wean them or leave them with Charlotte to wean herself? Or have you already and I just forgot? :old

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Piglets are good! She's holding weight so she can kick 'em off when she's ready. We'll keep an eye on the boar and if he gets frisky we will wean him.

DH gave himself a new project. He wants to build a new chicken coop. Ours is so big and such a pain to move, and we like having mobile chickens. We may modify the old turkey coop, he said he only wants to keep a flock of about 10 so they'll all fit in there easily.

We have to put off bees. Life keeps getting in the way. But it is 100% our primary project next year!

What else, DH cleaned the fish tank and worked on some random stuff around the yard, we finally started seeds. We're late but oh well, I buy tomatoes anyway so only started a couple nonessential things.

Duncan will be ready to come home May 15th! I can't wait! I don't think I'll use him this year but next year I have a job for him, lol! I'm only breeding Lilly this year and I'll use Lucky so I can get 80% Nigerian kids. I have it planned out over the next few years with just my 4 current goats I can get 75%, 80%, 90% and 100% Nigerian and curiosity is getting to me lol. Then I'll get a second nigerian buck and have plenty of does for my little homestead.

Latest posts