NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man, that stuff stinks. Not saying this to diss DH or nothing... but my first DH could fix any mechanical thing in the world. This DH - not so much, lol. But, the first one turned into a crazy loon so I'm not sorry that he's gone!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine also has ADHD so... I have learned to live in a disaster zone while he fixes everything lol. We need a real garage and he doesn't even have to let me in it as long as all his stuff stays in it! Haha he's not a crazy loon (yet). He did get attacked by am actual loon once though. (maybe we both have attention span issues...)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
SQUIRREL! Me and DS10 too on ADHD and the code word. Also. "Oooooooo. Shiiiiny!" That's more me and XDH (also ADHDer).

I sympathize @NH Homesteader . I have it, but my XDH has it way worse and there was no living with him. Literally. I feel bad for DH because I'm not easy to live with.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Always with the cars. I swear it does no good to have a spare.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
NH H, where are you guys on moving now?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some days I feel like all I do is chase DD and DH around and clean up after them. My husband is so disorganized and I'm learning to balance how to help without being condescending sounding.

Moving? I don't even know. I've tried to bring it up with DH and he wants to but we haven't done anything about it. His boss might quit his "day job" and go work for himself (right now he works for himself on weekends and has work DH can do during the week), which would give DH more of a full time regular job. So if that happens he may want to stay a year or two.

We are slowly downsizing and such also... So forward movement but slow.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You'll know when you're ready, when the time is right to move. It is a huge decision!

I'm right there with you on cleaning up after the family. If my DS was as good at cleaning up messes as he's at creating them…

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm the mess maker around here. And the cleaner....and that's why I'm always so busy I suppose...