NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no....sorry ya'll are gettin' storms. We've had sun all day which is helping to dry us out - BUT - I think Monday and Tuesday are s'posed to be wet here - ugh!

Thank goodness for generators!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well my app says there is a crew on scene but no estimated time of restoration yet. They made it on scene fast so maybe they'll fix it fast. I hope.

DH went to the store to get gas for the generator and came home with ice cream...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How was your ice cream btw?

Hey I'm not supposed to drink skim milk... So that means ice cream is healthy... Right?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! DD went down quickly actually. But wine and I are rarely friends. It usually gives me a migraine. But happy wine day to everyone else!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, that stinks! Hope the storm passed quick and everything's back to normal now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, power came back around 11:15. Still raining...

I think we are going to plant the main garden tomorrow, yay! DH will be home and he has more gardening experience than me so I appreciate his help. Next year we're reinventing our garden to try out all these cool new things I'm learning but will need to do some planning first...and we don't know where we'll be living so it's a lot to invest in if we're leaving...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well a local gardening expert says it's best to wait until June 10th for a lot of things here, as the soil will be warmer and the plants will make up for lost time quickly. So we may plant some things that are not as finicky and wait on the rest. He's pretty darn smart...

It was cool and rainy here today... Chicks went out under cover with a heat lamp and are about to come back in.