No more stove!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
load up under the house if you can with rat poison.
that is what I do.
I put out 3 trays of pellets to kill any rat varmints under the house. it sure works. I am brick underpenned and my only acess door has a little lock on it....so it is safe.

in the house, under the kitchen sink, way in back, and the bathroom sinks I have rat poison. All 3 of these have the kid safety locks on them cause of Nicole.

I hate mice, rats, or anything in my home...and yup, I get them like everyone...but since I do this little ritual....no more!!

I always that that stupid mouse that would get in and run across the floor and leave presents under the cabinets...LOL...ticked me off.....so I ended that now. It was icky finding a dead one now and again like under the stove or whatever, but at least he was that,,,,dead..HA HA

I make this a seasonal thing...come late fall all my poisons are changed over to new fresh and I have never had that problem again! Kinda like reminding myself to change filters and batteries in fire alarms and all that..LOL

EWW...I know you were ticked having that happen this morning! UGH

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Big ewwwww. There are boxes that you can locl up rat bait but I don't know if ferrests can wiggle into them or not.
I hope you can find a decent stove soon- not a good thing to be without around the holidays.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail, do you live anywhere near a Habitat for Humanity resale shop? There is one just a few blocks from where I work so I stopped in to se what they had and they had quite a few NICE stoves for pretty cheap. Course there's also craigslist.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That rat urine smell is way worse than cat urine. ICK!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow, I am so sory to hear about your stove Quail...hope you find another one soon. Am I ever glad there are no rats around here...mice yes, rats...no way!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We JUST walked back in the door, and I see I didn't log off LOL

We got a FREE stove. Local lady gave it to us. It's old, but she said it works. It's better than no stove, so no complaints here!

We'll try it out tonight.

Tomorrow, I start on the rat issue!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
So glad you were able to find another stove so quickly...and free to boot!! :cool:

We had a problem with a rat once too! It was Christmas Eve and our bathroom floor was flooded...the wood under the tile was soaked to the point that the tile was coming up. We had put the kids in the tub and we thought they had splashed all the water out and made the mess. DH looked under the opening to the back of the tub and the rat had chewed holes in the drain pipe!! We knew we had a rodent in the house that we had been trying to get but, we were not sure what it was. I went out and got some bait blocks and we got it within a few days.....dead behind the stove!!! It was big enough to fill an entire grocery bag!!!

Latest posts