No more stove!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
DH tore apart the back of our stove after we got it out. He found the remains of a second rat!! He said it looks like the rat electrocuted himself chewing on the stove's wiring! :ep :th

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yikes!

I'm glad you have a stove! Good luck getting rid of those rats.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
They say where there is one rat there is a whole family!!! I hope you can get them all!!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good news on the stove! Good luck getting rid of the rats.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I had a friend who had mice steal dog kibble and store it under the top of the stove, between the burners and oven. I've had them get in the drawer under the oven too. I've only dealt with rats outside. That was bad enough. Nasty critters. Glad you found a stove so quickly. :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sorry bout your stove, Aly! Glad about the free one, though! :D That was an icky story!!! Might want to put a bar of OneBite in the storage part of THIS stove....might have rat family visiting for the holidays! :p

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yikes! Not a way to start the day. And, you made cinnamon rolls, too. Sorry, for all the troubles, but good thing it happened then and not when you are in the middle of holiday cooking.

Don't you just love to find something you need for free. I'm glad for you.

About the rats........never had them, but have had other unwanted critters such as mice, piney squirrels and raccons. Oh yes, can't forget the awful bats. I think they were the worst.

Good luck making your home critter free.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
After our intial first cats died we got inundated with mice. I mean we were catching at least 5-6 perday in traps(spring & glue) & they got into my really nice stove & chewed up the wires & made nests & everything. When the repair guy came to check it out & see what was wrong with it we discovered the cremated remains of one too. So I understand what you are going thru, we got a new cat & my new stove(too costly to repair old one) had no electric wires at all it was gas & even had no oven light on it. I was taking no chances in that house. Luckily we have not had any rat problems & I hope we never do. Mice are bad enough & since we started letting the cat outside the mouse population on our property has gone way down.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--HM has a guard cat!
COOL!!!!
eat away kitty! :)
LOL

Latest posts