No parking? No problem!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Then, there was the thoughtful young lady who tried to be a good samaritan. She pulled up behind a truck at the stop light, rolled her window down and started yelling at the truck driver in front of her, waving madly, and pointing at the back of his truck. He had no idea what her issue was. At the next light, she jumped out of her car, and ran up to his truck. He rolled down the window.

Her: You have stuff spilling out of your truck.

Him: It's a sand truck, lady!"

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was driving down from Mayo to Limerick one day and of course DS wanted a toilet as I was on the motorway. So I took the first exit and started looking for a suitable spot to pull over for him... I drove around a good while before I found a quiet enough road with no houses on it and for a few streets had this car following me... Nothing weird about that, except when I pulled over, so DS can do his business, the follower car pulled over as well! I looked back and saw the driver looking confused, like "Why did we stop here??" She was so intend on following me, she lost track of what was going on and where she was meant to be going LOL When she saw me and DS staring at her, she quickly drove off.

Similar thing happened a few months before then, in a small village in Cork. A learner driver followed me so carefully, it tried to pull into a parking space with me! I looked in my rearview mirror to see the poor lad frantically trying to reverse, while his instructor is giving out to him!

Being followed by cars like that is not unusual here. The thing is, our roads are VERY narrow in places and with cars parking on the streets, space is tight at times and carving through traffic is often necessary. So we tend to tuck in behind another car, or if we're lucky, a bus or truck (they make more space) and let them figure out the route and space for us.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A couple I knew back in my 20's told me a story that happened to them. They had moved to California from Texas, and had heard stories about "be careful- those big cities are full of crime". Anyway, they were coming home from grocery shopping when he noticed that it looked like someone was following them. He took a couple of random turns, but the car kept following. It followed them all the way to their home, and pulled into the driveway after them. As soon as he killed the engine, he told his wife to stay in the car, while he slammed out of the car prepared to do battle. The other guy opened his door and got out as well, but he held his hands out, yelling (in a STRONG Texas accent) "Don't hit me! I don't want to fight! I just moved here, and I'm so lonely! When I saw your Texas plates, I just wanted to meet someone from home!" It was weird, but they did end up being at least casual friends with the guy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's an awesome story...and I'm not surprised a Texan was missing another Texan in California. California is a whole new country to a Texan, lol!