No Superstore Challenge

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of staying away from the super stores, I know a liquor store has a 10% savings if you go in on
Tuesdays. See just like that the thread is back on track :ya.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Costco has pretty good knock-off crown whiskey. And their vodka prices are great.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well -- I live in VA where the STATE owns & operates ALL liquor stores. Only wine & beer can be sold outside of the ABC stores. It took years to get a law passed to allow any alcohol sold in a store other than ABC ones.

Every few years someone comes up with an attempt to get the stores sold to private enterprise. NO WAY with VA allow that "goose who lays golden eggs" be other than their ownership.

Believe we are one of the few left that does not have "open" sales. Obviously, we have NO sales!!! Buy & shut up or do without. The commissary portion of military bases does have liquor stores, with better pricing.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup we also have to visit a state liquor store for hard alcohol. Beer and wine are everywhere though. Walmart, gas stations, grocery stores...

Living in CT was weird, coming from NH. All alcohol was sold in what they call "the packy" lol. And no alcohol sales on Sundays.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I went to CA and were shocked to see hard liquor for sale in the grocery stores. It was Sunday morning and we asked a clerk if we could buy booze before noon and she looked at us like we were crazy....we had to explain that some states aren't quite as alcohol friendly as CA, lol!